DEBATE AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
- WHAT IS DEBATE AND PUBLIC SPEAKING?
Nowadays, debating is considered one of the most essential skills for students to acquire. Additionally, public speaking skill is also fundamental and necessary in a modern education system. Especially, in this globalization era, debating and presenting in English has become more critical than ever.
We are facing an undeniable fact that many Vietnamese students are just rote learning with a lack of ideas, confidence and presentational ability together with vocabulary limitations. This leads to the current situation that most students find it hard to give an effective presentation; even university students have difficulty completing and defending their graduation thesis. Meanwhile, English is still being taught in a traditional way with high proportion for grammar compared to listening or speaking skills.
Understanding students’ limitations and parents’ worries, Stemhouse has worked out the Debate and Public Speaking program. With experienced teachers and interesting content topics, this program aims at helping students develop their debating skill and promote their ability to speak persuasively in front of the public.
On completing the course, students will be able to:
- Present a topic fluently, confidently and use body language effectively when speaking in front of the audience.
- Utilize language, present arguments and evidence in a persuasive manner.
- Understand and follow rules and acceptable behaviors when involving in a debate.
- Develop critical thinking and analyzing skills.
- Conduct research and find out information to use as supporting evidence for their arguments.
- Work in teams and collaborate with other members of the team efficiently.
Through 12 topics, students will first familiarize themselves with basic knowledge of giving a presentation, then move on to building up Presenting and Debating skills.
Detailed program will be given to parents and students once enrollment begins.
Language used in class: 100% English
Students: from 9 to 12 years old, preferably students from lower-intermediate level of English.
Learning time: 1 session per week, 2 hours per session.
Class size: 12 students/class.
For detailed schedule and fee, please contact Stemhouse Education.